In the condition of dehydration, the body loses water. It causes headaches or making the person daint by disrupting normal metabolic processes. There are mainly three types of dehydration which are as follows:
- Hypotonic: In this type of dehydration, the loss of electrolytes mainly sodium is more than the loss of water from the body.
- Hypertonic: In this type of dehydration, the loss of water is more as compared to the loss of electrolytes.
- Isotonic: In this type of dehydration, both electrolytes and water loss are in equal amounts.
Immediate attention has to be given to bring normalcy to the health conditions in all the cases.
What are the Causes of Dehydration?
The predominant reason for dehydration causes connects to the external environment.
- The most common reason for dehydration is prolonged sweating.
- If you are exposed to the environment of dry air for a long period, it leads to dehydration.
- Diarrhea and vomiting also accompany dehydration.
- Fasting is another common cause of dehydration which may lead to increased weight loss, decreasing the body fluid.
- Cholera, yellow fever, and gastrointestinal diseases usually accompany dehydration. Greater care has to be taken if the person is suffering from these causes.
How do you get relief from dehydration?
Immediate attention has to be given if the person falls unconscious or faints and steps have to be taken straight away to increase the electrolyte and water level in the body. If the magnitude of dehydration is less, you can easily get dehydration relief by drinking more quantity of water, which immediately helps to get recovered.
Juices can be given without delay, which will instantly help the mind to get refreshed. You can use Ors Powder for dehydration if the problem is of a little higher magnitude. It is a medical treatment wherein the electrolytes are fed to the patients orally. If the treatment is not given, the effects may be very severe and sometimes may even prove to be serious.
What are the best drinks to counter dehydration?
Dehydration can cause you severe problems if you kept ignoring it. So, to remain hydrated throughout the day you may need to drink an ample amount of water and intake some electrolytes too. Here are some best drinks for dehydration in adults are given below:
- Water- The importance of water can never be underestimated. Through centuries and civilizations, this cheap and readily available source of hydration has kept people alive. Nowadays, there are different types of water forms are available like mineral water, purified water, tap water, alkaline water, and spring water. Each type has its advantages and disadvantages. But remember drinking too much water may be harmful. So choose the water that is easily available and affordable to you.
- Watermelon- Watermelon contains 92% water but it is not a drink. You’re getting water and a hefty dose of vitamin A, vitamin C, and electrolytes whenever you eat watermelon.
- Pedialyte- It is an advanced medical-grade hydration formula that contains the key electrolytes sodium, potassium, and chloride. It is good for both children and adults and will keep you hydrated.
If you are suffering from dehydration then you can try these drinks for dehydration and get hydrated. After taking these drinks, if you will counter dehydration then you need to seek medical attention.
Article Source : https://besthydrationdrinks.weebly.com/blog/how-you-can-counter-dehydration-and-its-causes-with-drinks