Thailand is the most sought-after destination for diving courses and PADI course in Thailand is being offered by hundreds of diving centers. But before you head to Thailand, you need to have a plan. Do not expect Thailand to welcome you with its arm open especially if you are an expat coming to limit the local’s job market. All things considered though, Phuket diving course is the best experience for any beginner. Both the diving spots and the centers are world class. In this article we are going to see why one should go for a PADI course and also why choose Thailand for workplace thereof.
Why choose PADI?
- For recognition - PADI is the most widely represented diving organization in the world. Having a PADI patent is the assurance of being truly recognized all over the world, even on the most remote diving sites.
- For the quality of PADI patents - The first level PADI is very accessible but it gives you more skills than level 1 English. Everything you will need to dive with pleasure and safety to a depth of 20m as well as the first notions of autonomy.
- For flexibility and freedom - With PADI you can train in a warm pool and complete your training at sea on your vacation spot in Thailand or anywhere in the world. Combining profession with leisure is an option if you opt for a PADI course in Thailand!
- For teaching materials - When you pass your OPEN WATER PADI, you will be provided with an instructional kit containing a manual and a DVD. It is the assurance of having a complete training and friendly supports that you will always have with you.
- For E-Learning - If you do not have much time, you can learn and validate the 5 Open Water Theory modules online at home. You will have access to PADI courses for life.
- For continuing education - Once your Open Water Diver is in your pocket, you can at your own pace complete your experience and validate as new real skills.
PADI in Thailand
Koh Tao is the Thai spot where to get your PADI and you have also the Phuket diving course. There are tons elsewhere in Asia and/or Thailand, but this is the best known. This also means that you will have to make your choice from all the dive schools on the island and there are many. To make your choice easy, I made you a small list of things to consider before choosing.
- A PADI 5 star school will guarantee you a quality teaching and material
- A school with a private teaching pool is a plus. This pool will serve to teach you the basics of diving and it is always more pleasant than to do it at sea. Anyway, it is a question of taste.
- Is teaching in several languages possible or not? Are you comfortable enough to follow the entire course in English?
- Is the accommodation included in your package? All diving schools do not offer to host their students.
- Does the school have its own boat? This greatly facilitates the outings at sea and will make your stay more pleasant. And it also means that you can also enjoy Thailand scuba diving which is also one of the most sought-after activities in Thailand!
- And of course, the atmosphere is extremely important. A convivial atmosphere and a festive one will leave you a much better experience of this formation. Read the reviews online, they are sometimes very helpful.